Airlie Beach Activities and Attractions
Holiday Activities in Airlie Beach
Whilst you are on holidays in Airlie Beach these is plenty of things that you can do and experience. Regardless of whether you are looking for a nice relaxing holiday with your partner, fun-filled holiday with the family or an exciting adventure experience Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays has something for everyone.
- Swimming and making new friends at Airlie Beach's freshwater lagoon.
- Fish in the Whitsundays for spectacular Coral Trout, Red Emperor, Sweetlip and Spanish Mackerel.
- Sail, swim and snorkel around the pristine Whitsunday Islands.
- Quad bike bush adventures around the surrounding forest regions.
- Catch a monster Barramundi at Peter Faust Dam.
- Get pampered and relax at a day spa.
- Go to the Proserpine River to see the crocodiles.
- Catch a seaplane or helicopter to a private beach for a picnic.
Tourist Attractions Around Airlie Beach
There are numerous tourist attractions in and around the Airlie Beach area that are easily accessible for all travellers to the region. There are lots of different tour companies that can take you to any one of these attractions, which something to suit the budget of every traveller.
- The Great Barrier Reef with its crystal clear waters, beautiful corals and 1500 species of fish.
- The Conway National Park with its bush walking and nature trails.
- Sailing adventures to Whitehaven Beach and Blue Pearl Bay.
- Bowen where you can taste the tropical delights of a Bowen mango, play a round of golf or visit the Coal Face Experience museum.
- A wide variety of fine dining restaurants serving fresh locally caught seafood.
- Boat or helicopter tour to the famous Heart Reef.
- Whale Watching where you can see humpback whales during the annual migration between May and September.